Emerging Liability Risk
Emerging Liability Risk can be managed systematically within the normal mechanisms of insurance business. Our aim is to support that approach. Emerging risks management
Success depends on independence, expertise, innovation and keeping up to date.
Accurate reporting of the evidence, saying what you think it means, explaining how this might affect your customer is reliable because we are independent. The service offered here is free from influences such as follow-on services to sell, expert witness positions to defend, orthodoxies to promote. Sensationalism is not needed. Authenticity is the aim.
Benefits to the customer
- Independence ensures the maximum opportunity for your competitive advantage.
- Compliance decisions can be made objectively.
- Risk management decisions are those which best suit the purposes of the insurer.
Challenge to orthodoxy can only be identified if first orthodoxy is thoroughly
understood in terms that the common law works with.
Making links is easy if you “know how it works”. It’s harder to quantify the effect onexposure uncertainty. Probabilistic methods may not be 100% accurate, but they do ensure a systematic and responsive analysis of the type expected under Solvency 2 Pillar 2. New knowledge can always make a contribution to that assessment.
Up to date could mean many different things:
- Knowing as soon as a reasoned challenge to orthodoxy can be made.
- Before the Authorities espouse a decided view.
- Before the Authorities change their minds.
- Before the effect of a changed opinion manifests in claims statistics.
This is a very broad view of the meaning of ‘up to date’. This is inevitable when there is a range of needs.